Data protection at the Swiss National Bank
The Swiss National Bank (hereinafter 'SNB') is subject to the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (hereinafter 'FADP'). The FADP regulates how personal data may be processed. Personal data are all information which can, either on its own or together with other information, be attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, date of birth, age, profession, telephone numbers, email addresses, OASI and other social security numbers, audio recordings, photographs, video recordings, IP addresses, etc.
The SNB provides information on its processing of personal data, in particular in privacy statements, contracts, general terms and conditions (such as participation conditions for events or terms of business) and forms.
Which personal data the SNB processes depends on the context in which it processes a data subject's personal data. For this reason, the SNB also has specific privacy statements in addition to its general privacy statement.
The SNB's privacy statements provide all the legally required information, answering the following questions in particular:
- Which categories of personal data does the SNB collect that are not directly obtained from the data subject?
- For what purpose does the SNB process personal data?
- Does the SNB disclose personal data and if so, to whom?
- Does the SNB disclose personal data abroad and if so, to which countries? How is an adequate level of data protection ensured in these countries if this is not already guaranteed by the applicable legislation in the country concerned?
- Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
- How can the SNB's Data Protection Officer be contacted?
The content of the privacy statements are subject to change. The statements published on this website are the current versions.
The 'General privacy statement of the SNB' contains generally applicable information on the processing of personal data by the SNB. In the event of any conflicts between the SNB's general privacy statement and its specific privacy statements, the latter take precedence.
For questions about how the SNB as controller processes your personal data in accordance with its privacy statements, and to find out more about data protection at the SNB, please contact:
Swiss National Bank
Data Protection Office
By email: email@example.com
You can also contact the SNB's Data Protection Officer using the above details.