An apprenticeship at the Swiss National Bank is an investment in your future. On this page you will find information about what the SNB offers and requires, and gain insight into the kinds of jobs available at the SNB.
What you need to know before applying
Would you like to get to know the world of banking and the special character of the Swiss National Bank? Do you want to take your professional future in your hands at a renowned and unique Swiss company?
Then the SNB is the right place for you! During an apprenticeship with us you will acquire solid expertise and be on your way to a successful and absorbing career.
Here’s what we offer:
- A personal educational programme and individual coaching
- Comprehensive and professional support
- Six weeks of holiday
- Staff restaurants in Berne and Zurich
- Vacation centre in Hasliberg
- General Abonnement (GA) Junior travel card
Here’s what we expect from you:
- Completed obligatory public schooling (Sekundarstufe A)
- One supplementary school or immersion year (optional)
- Enthusiasm and interest for economic matters
- Good team spirit
- Willingness to learn
- Strong people skills
- An open, motivated, helpful and honest personality
Find out more about vocational training at the SNB at its Berne and Zurich locations.
Here’s how to apply properly for an apprenticeship at the SNB
To ensure that your application can be properly considered, you should send us the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- CV in tabular form
- Copies of transcripts from the two last school years (1st and 2nd semesters)
- Multicheck (max. one year old)
- Trial placement reports (if available)
Please note that we do not offer trial apprenticeships, trial placements or career discovery days.