Activities of the Swiss National Bank in the area of statistics
The Swiss National Bank collects statistical data for the following purposes:
- to fulfil its monetary policy functions
- to fulfil its oversight functions with respect to payment and securities settlement systems
- as part of its contribution to the stability of the Swiss financial system
- on behalf of international organisations of which Switzerland is a member
- for its balance of payments and for statistics on the international investment position
The data collected are evaluated internally, and are also published. In order to ensure the confidentiality of information provided by individual institutions, the data are aggregated.
Statistical Publications: Reports, press releases and data
Commentaries on data collected by the SNB are provided in various reports and press releases.
On the data.snb.ch data portal, the SNB publishes data of importance for monitoring the economy as well as for monetary policy, also drawing upon external sources such as the Swiss Federal Statistical Office. The data published here are also available as downloadable time series.