Study Center Gerzensee
In 1980, the Swiss National Bank acquired the manor house "Neues Schloss", which was built around 1700 on the south side of the Belpberg at Gerzensee. In 1984, this property was transferred to the newly created STUDIENZENTRUM GERZENSEE (Study Center Gerzensee).
The purpose of this foundation of the Swiss National Bank is:
- to run a centre for the training of specialists from central banks, banks and industry from both Switzerland and foreign countries;
- to provide facilities for academic conferences and to offer postgraduate programmes in economics;
- to offer a venue for central banks and other institutions and persons bearing responsibility for government and economic policy, and
- to preserve the historically valuable property as an integral part of the landscape of Gerzensee.